For as long as he/she has satisfied all of the following requirements:
- A dentist who has been given the license to practice dentistry by the Professional Regulation Commission.
- A member of the Philippine Dental Association.
- Meets the academic requirements — any formal training in pediatric dentistry not less than 24 months in any program duly accredited by the Philippine Board of Pediatric Dentistry (PBPD).
- Duly approved by the Membership and Credentials Committee.
For those eligible, please download and fill up the Membership Application Form and follow the steps indicated.
II. Academic Requirements for Membership
There shall be five (5) categories of membership: Faculty Affiliate, Active, Fellow, Diplomate and Honorary. Any dentist applying for entry into the Society may be admitted if his/her credentials belong to any of the following:
- Full time faculty members teaching Pediatric dentistry for at least 2 years in a College or University recognized by the Commission on Higher Education.
- Has undergone faculty training programs conducted by the Philippine Pediatric Dental Society, Inc. every 2 years.
- Has attended continuing education programs conducted by the Philippine Pediatric Dental Society, Inc.
- Dentist who has undergone any formal training in pediatric dentistry not less than 6 months in any program duly accredited by the Society.
1. Dentists who finished an externship training program in pediatric dentistry at Philippine Children’s Medical Center until 1995.
2. Dentists who finished their residency training program in pediatric dentistry at Pediatric Dentistry Center from 1996 - 2013.
- Associate members who have successfully passed the comprehensive case presentations given by the Society at the end of their second year as associate member.
- Dentists who have undergone any formal training in pediatric dentistry not less than 24 months in any program duly accredited by the PBPD.
- Active members who have successfully passed the Specialist Recognition Exam of 2015.
- Dentists who have completed an advanced specialty education program in Pediatric Dentistry, a minimum of 24 months full time academic study leading to an advanced degree in Pediatric Dentistry.
- Dentists who have completed the certification process by the Philippine Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
Those retired faculty members of pediatric dentistry who have been faculty affiliates of PPDSI for at least 10 years shall be honorary members.
Individuals who are not otherwise eligible for membership in the Society may be nominated for honorary membership. He/She may be elected for his/her extraordinary and outstanding contributions to the society or to the field of Pediatric Dentistry following nomination by a voting member who shall submit substantiating evidence of the nominee’s qualifications to the Membership & Credentials Committee. The unanimous recommendation of the Membership and Credentials Committee and approval of the executive board shall be required for election.
An affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the voting members present in a general assembly meeting shall confirm the election.
Honorary members shall enjoy all privilege, as active members except the privilege to vote, hold any elective or appointive office or pay annual dues. However, he or she may be a member of any committee.